Following on from our previous post regarding the retained players, Exiles were today sad to announce that they will be saying goodbye to several players as their contracts have run out and have not agreed new deals. Fifteen players will now be free to look for a new club.
1. Omar Mehmood. The Goalkeeper had fallen down the pecking order at the club recently due to availability and injury issues and it has been decided that he would be better served finding a club that can guarantee playing time.
6. Tomos Lewis. The midfielder was one of the founding members of the side but hasn’t made an appearance for over two years and has requested to leave.
11. Joey Scutt. The defender had made a promising start to his career last season but hasn’t played for the whole of this season again due to availability issues.
12. Lloyd James. The backup ‘keeper had been signed on as emergency cover for last two seasons but has never played a competitive game and will now be released.
19. Tom O’Boyle. The defender hasn’t played since the end of the previous season and has been unavailable all of this season.
26. James Davies. The winger and brother of Tomos Davies has not played for over a year and only fleetingly the season before.
28. Carl Thomas (II). The forward moved back to Aberystwyth after a promising start to his career this season. Had requested to leave to find another club.
30. Huw Carey. The full-back has now moved to Australia. Carey was a popular player who has been with the club two years but hasn’t played since the turn of the year.
33. Michael Temple. The cultured centre-back and Sam Cornish Cup winner is moving back to England and will be sorely missed especially with his free-kicks this season.
43. Sidath Wijetilleka. The forward made one appearance since signing on at the beginning of the season, looked promising but has had availability issues for the rest of this season.
47. James Patey. The midfielder left the club after a dispute earlier on in the season but has not signed on for anyone else but will be free to now do so.
48. Richard Boudier. The forward joined the club but has failed to make an appearance and will not be retained.
54. Rhys John – The central defender joined the club towards the end of the season but has failed to make an appearance due to injury and availability.
77. Thomas Richards. A skillful midfielder whom has been one of the club’s best players over the last two seasons. Richards will be returning to England to sign for a local club and he will be sorely missed.
80. Yusuke Suzuki. The Japanese midfielder turned striker has made quite the impact in the 2nd team and was being looked at as a potential 1st team player but will sadly be moving back to Japan.
All at Aberystwyth Exiles would like to thank all of the players who are leaving the club today for all of their efforts both on and off the pitch and also all the best for the future.
To see the retained list and the other players still currently in talks click here.